2022 Door County Lighthouse Festivals
Spring: June 10-12
Fall: September 30-October 2
The Festival weekends include air, land-based, boat, and adventure tours that together reach all 11 of the treasured lighthouses of Door County, and 3 to the south! Many of the tour excursions are unique to the Lighthouse Festival weekends, and provide visitors exclusive access to lighthouses not typically open to the public – Chambers Island, Kewaunee, Plum Island and Sherwood Point Lighthouses. There are tours for all levels of activity and accessibility. Some tours involve hiking. Boat tours depart from a variety of locations around the Peninsula, including Sister Bay, Gills Rock and Baileys Harbor.
RETURNING FOR 2022: Grassy Island Range Lights and Algoma and Kewaunee Pierhead Lighthouses are open or hosting visitors!
Ready For Your Tour ?
• Arrive at your tour departure location at least 20 minutes before departure. • For 2022: If you or someone in your group feel sick, please do not go on your tour.
Bring your own hand sanitizer.
• Bring/dress in layers. Door County weather can change quickly, and it’s cool on the water.
• Wear closed-toed, flat shoes.
• Bring water, snacks. Some tours include lunch, or sell food/beverages. Check each tour’s BYOB rules for evening tours.
• Insect repellent
• Each lighthouse tour ticket includes free admission to the Death’s Door Maritime Museum in Gills Rock during the 2022 season (May 1-Oct. 31, 2022)
Lighthouse Festival Refund Policy:
Lighthouse Festival tickets are non-refundable, except in cases where Museum staff, our tour leaders, boat captains or pilots cancel a tour due to safety concerns. This policy would also include cancellation due to the pandemic, as deemed by Museum staff.
Spring & Fall Lighthouse Festivals:
Participating Locations, Hours & Spring (S) and/or Fall (F) Festivals
*Please note, if you are visiting the lighthouses on your own (not on a tour), there are admission fees at: Door County Maritime Museum, Cana Island and Eagle Bluff Lighthouses, and at The Ridges Nature Center for the Baileys Harbor Range Lights.
Donations are encouraged and appreciated at Grassy Islands Range Lights, Algoma and Kewaunee Pierhead Lighthouses.
- Door County Maritime Museum, Sturgeon Bay*: 10am-7pm, all weekend (S/F)
- Death’s Door Maritime Museum, Gills Rock*: 10am-5pm, all weekend (S/F)
- Cana Island Lighthouse, Baileys Harbor*: 10am-5pm, all weekend (S/F)
- Sherwood Point Lighthouse, Sturgeon Bay: 10am-4pm, Saturday/Sunday (Fall only)
- USCG Canal Station, Sturgeon Bay: 10am-4pm, Saturday/Sunday (S/F)
- Eagle Bluff Lighthouse, Peninsula State Park*: 10am-4pm, all weekend (S/F)
- Pottawatomie Lighthouse, Rock Island*: 10am-4pm, Saturday/Sunday (S/F)
- Baileys Harbor Range Lights, Baileys Harbor*: 11am-2pm, all weekend (S/F)
- Algoma Pierhead Lighthouse, stop at Algoma Visitor Center: 10am-4pm, Saturday/Sunday (S/F)
- Kewaunee Pierhead Lighthouse & Tug Ludington, Kewaunee: 12-5pm, Friday/Sunday (S/F)
- Grassy Island Range Lights, Green Bay: 9am-5pm, Saturday/Sunday (S/F)
Share Your Photos: #DCMaritime