Fall 2021 Door County Lighthouse Festival
October 1 - October 3
The Festival weekends include air, land-based, boat, and adventure tours that together reach all 11 of the treasured lighthouses of Door County. Many of the tour excursions are unique to the Lighthouse Festival weekends, and provide visitors exclusive access to lighthouses not typically open to the public – Chambers Island, Kewaunee, Plum Island and Sherwood Point Lighthouses. There are tours for all levels of activity and accessibility. Some tours involve hiking. Boat tours depart from a variety of locations around the Peninsula, including Sister Bay, Gills Rock and Baileys Harbor.
NEW FOR 2021: Grassy Island Range Lights and Algoma and Kewaunee Pierhead Lighthouses are open or hosting visitors!
• Arrive at the tour departure location at least 15 minutes before departure time
• Dress in layers as the weather can change quickly
• Take note of the lunch details of each tour
• Bring your face mask, camera, sunscreen, bug spray and hand sanitizer.
• Wear sturdy close-toed shoes, especially when hiking
• Each lighthouse tour ticket includes free admission to the Death’s Door Maritime Museum in Gills Rock through the end of the 2021 season
Spring Lighthouse Festival – Locations and Hours
- Door County Maritime Museum, Sturgeon Bay*: 10am-7pm, all weekend
- Death’s Door Maritime Museum, Gills Rock*: 10am-5pm, all weekend
- Cana Island Lighthouse, Baileys Harbor*: 10am-5pm, all weekend
- USCG Canal Station, Sturgeon Bay: 10am-4pm, Saturday/Sunday
- Sherwood Point Lighthouse, Sturgeon Bay: 10am-4pm, Saturday/Sunday
- Eagle Bluff Lighthouse, Peninsula State Park*: 10am-4pm, all weekend
- Baileys Harbor Range Lights, Baileys Harbor*: 11am-2pm, all weekend
- Algoma Pierhead Lighthouse, stop at the Algoma Visitor Center: 10am-4pm, Saturday/Sunday
- Kewaunee Pierhead Lighthouse & Tug Ludington, Kewaunee: 12-5pm, Friday/Sunday
- Grassy Island Range Lights, Green Bay: 9am-5pm, Saturday/Sunday
*Please note, if you are planning a self-guided experience, there may be an admission rate.
Share Your Photos!
Share your photos on social media #dcmaritime
- October 1
- October 3
- Event Category:
- Annual Lighthouse Festival
- Door County Maritime Museum