Here at the Door County Maritime Museum your support not only helps us build a sustainable future for generations to come, it gives you the opportunity to be a part of SOMETHING BIGGER. Your support helps define the future and inspires others to further the mission of preserving and celebrating our strong maritime heritage, which is integrally threaded throughout the Door Peninsula. Membership will also allow us to bring exciting new exhibitions to our community, preserve our permanent maritime collections, develop educational programs for all ages and so much more.
Membership has its perks!
- Unlimited “free” admission to all Door County Maritime Museum locations: Sturgeon Bay, Tugboat John Purves, Gills Rock, Cana Island Lighthouse
- Discounts on guest passes to share with family and friends
- Free subscription to the members-only Mari-Times newsletter
- Free monthly e-newsletters
- Exclusive access to members-only events and previews
- Advanced ticket purchase for the annual Door County Lighthouse Festival
- Voting rights at the Annual Meeting
- 10% Discount at all 3 museum stores
- A free commemorative pin (stop in the Sturgeon Bay museum store for your pin)
The membership year runs for twelve consecutive months from the date your membership is received. Membership is not transferable. It is valid only for the person named on the card (or for their minor children in a Crew (family) membership).
- Captain ($50): 1 adult
- Mate ($65): 2 adults
- Crew ($80): Two adults & dependent children in same household
- Sustaining ($260): Two adults, includes $195 Endowment Fund donation
Purchase One-Year Standard Membership:
Includes 5 guest passes/year; portion of payment supports the Endowment Fund
- Individual ($825): One adult
- Family ($1,100): Two adults & dependent children in same household
Purchase Lifetime Membership:
Golden Ticket – Dual Membership
Both the Door County Maritime Museum and the Wisconsin Maritime Museum were founded in 1969, meaning both museums are celebrating their 50th anniversaries this year.
To commemorate their “Golden” birthdays, the two museums are joining forces to offer a “Golden Ticket” joint membership in each institution. For a $100 donation for an individual or $160 for a family membership, contributors will receive full membership privileges in both museums for 12 months, along with a special 50th anniversary commemorative membership card that provides free admission to both museums. Golden Ticket joint memberships can be purchased at either institution and are good for new memberships only.
Daily admission to the museum (without a membership) is:
Sturgeon Bay with tugboat $13/adults & $10/youth (ages 5-17)
Cana Island with tower climb $12/adults & $9/youth (ages 5-17)
Gills Rock $6.00/adults & $3/youth (ages 5-17)