Watch the giants of the Great Lakes depart from winter layup at Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding. Ships from 500′ to over 1000′ make their way through the Sturgeon Bay Canal. We do not have specific departure times, and schedule is subject to change as ships can be unpredictable due to weather conditions and other factors. Schedule will be updated anytime we receive information from Bay Shipbuilding.
As of May 31, 2020, there were several vessels that remained at Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding for extended lay-up, including their dimensions and ownership:
- American Integrity 1000′ X 105′ American Steamship Co
- H. Lee White 704′ X 78′ American Steamship Co.
- Wilfred Sykes 678′ X 70′ Arcelor Mittal
- James L. Oberstar 806′ X 75′ Interlake Steamship Co.
- John J. Boland 680′ X 78′ American Steamship Co.
Jim Connolly took these incredible photos of the 750 foot James L Kuber coming into port January 1, 2018.