The Door County Maritime Museum and The Boldt Company will hold a small, private event on Thursday, July 2nd to commemorate a significant project benchmark as the final structural pieces are placed at the top of the new landmark Maritime Lighthouse Tower museum expansion, currently under construction on the West waterfront of Sturgeon Bay.
- DCMM Board of Directors and staff
- The Boldt Company and subcontractors
- Select Maritime Lighthouse Tower donors
Signing the beams of the Beacon Room structure on the waterfront and watching the crane lift it to the top of the Maritime Lighthouse Tower.
Door County Maritime Museum, 120 North Madison Avenue, Sturgeon Bay
- 11am – Museum Tug John Purves will blow a signal salute; Boldt crane operator will reply and then lift the Beacon Room to the top of the 10-story Tower.
- 10-10:45am – DCMM Board members and donors will sign the beam of the Beacon Room structure. Move to the aft deck of tug John Purves to watch lift.
- 9:30am – Boldt leadership sign the Beacon Room structure; watch lift from West Waterfront.
- 9am – DCMM staff will sign Beacon Room structure; watch lift from West Waterfront.
- 8am – Boldt team members and subcontractors will sign Beacon Room beam.
Following the Beacon Room lift (approximately 11:15am), there will be media availability with DCMM Board Interim President Terry Connelly, DCMM Executive Director Kevin Osgood and Boldt Company President Bob DeKoch.
Due to COVID-19:
- We are holding a small, private event for a very limited number of guests;
- To promote social distancing, we have staggered the times for groups to sign the Beacon Room beams;
- We are not publicizing this event to the public in advance, so the Museum isn’t seen as promoting a mass gathering.
While this is a not a public event, passers-by will be able to view the Beacon Room lift from various points along the Sturgeon Bay waterfront, including the Michigan Street and Maple-Oregon bridges, Graham and Sawyer Parks, or the DCMM parking lot.
Weather contingency date for this event is Tuesday, July 7th. Decision by 8am 7/2.