Standing Up For The Maritime Museum
We are honored and humbled to announce that a member of our maritime community has stepped forward with a matching challenge for the Museum, which will match dollar-for-dollar all contributions to the DCMM Annual Fund during the month of May.
The generous $50,000 matching challenge comes from Museum Board of Directors member John Baumgartner. He has pledged to personally match any contribution to the Museum during the month of May one-for-one, up to a total of $100,000. That figure corresponds with the lost revenue the Museum is currently experiencing.
There are many ways to make a contribution to the Door County Maritime Museum:
• If you are able, consider donating a portion of your CARES Act stimulus payment;
• The CARES Act also provides for a universal, above-the-line, charitable contribution deductible on 2020 taxes up to $300 made by any taxpayer – whether they itemize or not.
• #GivingTuesdayNow is a global day of giving and unity that will take place on May 5th, 2020 as an emergency response to the unprecedented need of non-profits caused by COVID-19.
• For a $250 donation, you can Sponsor A Day at the Museum, a wonderful way to honor a loved one or recognize a birthday, anniversary or special memory.
• If you’d like to make a bequest to the Museum, please contact Deputy Director & Development Manager Sam Perlman.
You contribution will help the Door County Maritime Museum weather the current storm, allowing us to maintain our staff and continue bringing educational resources to our community, even during this time of quarantine.