Stephanie Klett, Secretary, Wisconsin Department of Tourism
The Door County Maritime Museum is already a tourism gem celebrating Wisconsin’s rich maritime history. The plans by the Door County Maritime Museum and Lighthouse Preservation Society to expand its facility is exciting and when completed has the potential to attract even more visitors and generate greater economic impact for the region.
The proposed tower will give visitors panoramic and inspiring lake views for miles, making the museum an even bigger draw for visitors. I look forward to its opening which will only enhance an already fabulous tourism experience for visitors to Door County.
Thad Birmingham, Mayor, City of Sturgeon Bay
What better way to experience the “Shipbuilding Capital of the Great Lakes” than from the perch of this Observation Tower … a great addition to our working waterfront!
Pam Seiler, Executive Director, Sturgeon Bay Visitor Center
The Maritime Observation Tower would truly be a fantastic addition and draw to Sturgeon Bay. We are the only Door County Community with a working waterfront. It would allow many more visitors and residents to see our working waterfront and appreciate the diverse beauty from the lake to the bay.
David Ward, Chairman | Bill Chaudoir, Executive Director, Door County Economic Development Corporation
The Door County Economic Development Corporation is proud to support the Maritime Observation Tower expansion by the Door County Maritime Museum in Sturgeon Bay.
- The tower will become one of the County’s most popular attractions and a “can’t miss” travel destination for both local residents and visitors alike.
- The tower will be an incredible tool to help our residents, especially our youth, to better understand and appreciate the unmatched natural beauty, unique geography and critical economic role that the waterfront plays in our community.
- The tower and its exhibits will greatly enhance the museum’s ability to recognize and celebrate the incredible maritime history and continuing critical role that shipbuilding, recreational boating and related maritime business contribute to the economy of our community, region and state.
- The tower will be a catalyst for future economic development in the City. The recent West Waterfront Redevelopment Study identified the important role that the Maritime Museum already plays as an anchor and economic driver for this area. The proposed tower will further solidify this role and will be a significant asset in helping to attract private developers to invest and create new jobs in our beautiful waterfront community.
We strongly urge the community to step up in support of the Maritime Observation Tower at the Door County Maritime Museum in Sturgeon Bay. Thank you for your interest and consideration.
Additional Tower Project Information
- Become a Supporter
- A Proud Record
- The Challenge & Solution
- The Maritime Tower Experience
- For the Local Community:
- For Inland Maritime Industries:
- Potential Tower Exhibits
- A Brief History of the Door County Maritime Museum
- Celebration and Preservation of Maritime History