Why the Tower?
The benefits of our Maritime Tower project aren’t limited to the Door County Maritime Museum or the Door County community. The tower will benefit inland maritime industries as well, sharing the astounding value of our national inland waterways — what they’ve meant to our past, and what they will mean to our future.
Through its exhibits, the Maritime Tower will promote commercial maritime transportation, the economic contributions of marine manufacturers, and the immense economic impact of our inland-waterway system, including national defense shipbuilding, maritime transportation, equipment manufacturing, and recreational boating.
- Promote commercial maritime transportation
- Promote marine equipment manufacturing contributions to economy
- Highlight economic value of inland waterways
- Emphasize reasons for national investments for inland waterways
- Promote benefits of interstate & international maritime trade
- Show value of maritime ports within inland navigation system
- Promote freshwater recreational boating
- Promote recreational boating port-to-port visits
Additional Tower Project Information
- Become a Supporter
- A Proud Record
- The Challenge & Solution
- The Maritime Tower Experience
- For the Local Community:
- For Inland Maritime Industries:
- Potential Tower Exhibits
- A Brief History of the Door County Maritime Museum
- Celebration and Preservation of Maritime History