An educational, entertaining and exciting way to explore our rich maritime history… and it comes with a fabulous view!
For four decades, the Door County Maritime Museum has educated and entertained the public while working to preserve rich maritime history. Now the museum is taking a major leap forward by expanding its Sturgeon Bay facility with a spectacular 10-story Maritime Lighthouse Tower right along the Sturgeon Bay inner harbor.
This spectacular Lighthouse Tower will offer:
• Ten floors of creative, interactive educational displays that feature many highlights of our maritime history, people and industries.
• Convenient accessibility to a lighthouse experience that will accommodate everyone regardless of physical abilities.
• Meeting and convention facilities available to host events and special occasions in a very unique venue that can include the top two floors of the lighthouse tower.
• An indoor all-weather 10th floor observation floor that will be open all year.
• An outdoor 11th floor observation deck open seasonally to offer amazing vistas over the entire harbor of Sturgeon Bay from the top of the lighthouse tower.
With the addition of this unique and iconic landmark lighthouse tower, many far-reaching benefits will be realized including:
• A must see, must visit multi-faceted maritime experience that will draw visitors to our area from far and wide and bring people back many times over.
• An intriguing destination that will generate tremendous interest and activity and create a huge economic boost and many related benefits to the entire area.
• Educational experiences that will teach young and old, keep our history alive and help to promote interest in maritime related career opportunities.
• The ultimate creation of an iconic landmark for Door County in the likeness of the Gateway Arch in St. Louis or the Space Needle in Seattle!
We invite you to join us in helping to build this unique and inspiring maritime lighthouse project. Please take a few moments to:
• View the informational video and review the online brochure.
• Consider the numerous donation and pledge opportunities to help support this effort.
• Please make your most generous contribution to help make this very special tribute to our maritime heritage a reality!
We, the Staff and Board of Directors, and the Door County Maritime Museum and Lighthouse Preservation Society sincerely thank you for your interest and participation in this iconic project!Download Brochure Become a Supporter