As we transition to a “new normal” during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Door County Maritime Museum (DCMM) wishes to continue to fulfill our mission to preserve and celebrate the rich maritime history of Door County and the Great Lakes. We want to continue to educate and entertain the public, especially our area school-age population, currently dislocated from their routine, classrooms, teachers and peers.
The Museum is working to make our educational resources available online as quickly as we can.
Today, we are pleased to start with our Shipwrecks of Door County exhibit. Starting today and continuing through March 30th, we will share the stories of eight Door County shipwrecks, with a 9am intro to a vessel. At 3pm, the video highlighting the final voyage of that vessel goes public.
Check out the DCMM YouTube page or clink the links below to view the videos as they are released each day:
- 3/23 – Louisiana (intro) (final voyage)
- 3/24 – Daniel Lyons (intro) (final voyage)
- 3/25 – Windsor (intro) (final voyage)
- 3/26 – DA Van Valkenburg (intro) (final voyage)
- 3/27 – Alvin Clark (intro) (final voyage)
- 3/28 – Lily Amoit (intro) (final voyage)
- 3/29 – Erie Hackley (intro) (final voyage)
- 3/30 – Cynthia (intro) (final voyage)
Learn about more Wisconsin shipwrecks by clicking on the image below!