- This event has passed.
Fall 2022 Door County Lighthouse Festival
September 30, 2022 - October 2, 2022
The Festival weekends include air, land-based, boat, and adventure tours that together reach all 11 of the treasured lighthouses of Door County, and 3 to the south! Many of the tour excursions are unique to the Lighthouse Festival weekends, and provide visitors exclusive access to lighthouses not typically open to the public – Chambers Island, Kewaunee, Plum Island and Sherwood Point Lighthouses. There are tours for all levels of activity and accessibility. Some tours involve hiking. Boat tours depart from a variety of locations around the Peninsula, including Sister Bay, Gills Rock and Baileys Harbor.
Returning for 2022: Grassy Island Range Lights and Algoma and Kewaunee Pierhead Lighthouses are open or hosting visitors!
• Arrive at the tour departure location at least 15 minutes before departure time
• Dress in layers as the weather can change quickly
• Take note of the lunch details of each tour
• Bring your face mask, camera, sunscreen, bug spray and hand sanitizer.
• Wear sturdy close-toed shoes, especially when hiking
• Each lighthouse tour ticket includes free admission to the Death’s Door Maritime Museum in Gills Rock through the end of the 2022 season
Spring Lighthouse Festival – Locations and Hours
- Door County Maritime Museum, Sturgeon Bay*: 10am-7pm, all weekend
- Death’s Door Maritime Museum, Gills Rock*: 10am-5pm, all weekend
- Cana Island Lighthouse, Baileys Harbor*: 10am-5pm, all weekend
- USCG Canal Station, Sturgeon Bay: 10am-4pm, Saturday/Sunday
- Sherwood Point Lighthouse, Sturgeon Bay: 10am-4pm, Saturday/Sunday
- Eagle Bluff Lighthouse, Peninsula State Park*: 10am-4pm, all weekend
- Baileys Harbor Range Lights, Baileys Harbor*: 11am-2pm, all weekend
- Algoma Pierhead Lighthouse, stop at the Algoma Visitor Center: 10am-4pm, Saturday/Sunday
- Kewaunee Pierhead Lighthouse & Tug Ludington, Kewaunee: 12-5pm, Friday/Sunday
- Grassy Island Range Lights, Green Bay: 9am-5pm, Saturday/Sunday
*Please note, if you are planning a self-guided experience, there may be an admission rate.
Share Your Photos!
Share your photos on social media #dcmaritime
- September 30, 2022
- October 2, 2022
- Event Category:
- Annual Lighthouse Festival
- Door County Maritime Museum