The Festival weekends include land-based, boat, and adventure tours that together reach all 11 of the treasured lighthouses of Door County. Many of the tour excursions are unique to the Lighthouse Festival weekends, and provide visitors exclusive access to a lighthouse not typically open to the public – Chambers Island Lighthouse.
NEW FOR 2020: Tours by airplane to see all 11 historic Door County lighthouses – plus some in Michigan!
There are tours for all levels of activity and accessibility. Some tours involve hiking, while others ride in the comfort of your own vehicle. Boat tours depart from a variety of locations around the Peninsula, including Sister Bay, Gills Rock and Baileys Harbor.
JUST ADDED: Algoma Pierhead Lighthouse! Learn more about these guiding lights from Festival docents at the Algoma Visitor Center, 1226 Lake Street, Algoma, WI
*NEW TO THE FALL TOUR SCHEDULE:
Sunset Schooner Cruise – Friday, October 2 at 4pm, leaving from Sister Bay Marina;
Sunrise Airplane Ride – Friday, Saturday & Sunday at 6:30am, leaving from Cherryland Airport in Sturgeon Bay.
Lakeshore Lighthouse Sunset Cruise, Saturday, October 3 4pm, leaving from Baileys Harbor Marina.
Click the Buy Tickets button below to purchase tickets for all tours.
• Arrive at your tour departure location at least 20 minutes before departure.
• For 2020: Please wear a mask covering your mouth and nose, if your health allows. Bring your own hand sanitizer.
• Bring/dress in layers. Door County weather can change quickly, and it’s cool on the water.
• Wear closed-toed, flat shoes.
• Bring water, snacks. Some tours include lunch, or sell food/beverages. Check each tour’s BYOB rules for evening tours.
• Insect repellent
• Each lighthouse tour ticket includes free admission to the Death’s Door Maritime Museum in Gills Rock during the 2021 season (Gills Rock is closed for winter.)
Lighthouse Festival Refund Policy – Lighthouse Festival tickets are non-refundable, except in cases where Museum staff, our tour leaders, boat captains or pilots cancel a tour due to safety concerns. This policy would also include cancellation due to the pandemic, as deemed by Museum staff.
Fall Lighthouse Festival – Locations and Hours
*Door County Maritime Museum – Sturgeon Bay: 9am-5pm Saturday and Sunday
*Death’s Door Maritime Museum – Gills Rock: Closed.
*Cana Island Lighthouse – Baileys Harbor: 10am-5pm Saturday and Sunday (weather permitting)
USCG Canal Station – Sturgeon Bay: 9am-4pm Saturday
*Eagle Bluff Lighthouse – Peninsula State Park: 9am-4pm Saturday and Sunday
Ridges Sanctuary & Range Lights – Baileys Harbor: Ridges Sanctuary nature trails open to public: dawn to dusk.
*Please note, if you are doing a self-guided experience, there are admission fees at Door County Maritime Museum, Cana Island and Eagle Bluff Lighthouses.