These fundraising Festival weekends include air, land-based, boat, and adventure tours that provide access to all 11 of the treasured lighthouses of Door County and 3 of our neighbors to the south. Many of the tour excursions are unique to the Lighthouse Festival weekends, and provide visitors exclusive access to lighthouses not typically open to the public – Chambers Island, Plum Island and Sherwood Point Lighthouses. There are tours for all levels of activity and accessibility. Some tours involve hiking. Boat tours depart from a variety of locations around the Peninsula, including Sister Bay, Gills Rock and Baileys Harbor.
A portion of each Lighthouse Festival tour ticket helps fund the Door County Maritime Museum & Lighthouse Preservation Society.
FOR 2022: Grassy Island Range Lights and Algoma and Kewaunee Pierhead Lighthouses are open or hosting visitors!
• Arrive at your tour departure location at least 20 minutes before departure.
• For 2022: If you are sick, or not feeling well, please stay home. • Bring your own hand sanitizer.
• Bring/dress in layers. Door County weather can change quickly, and it’s cool on the water.
• Wear closed-toed, flat shoes, especially for tours that involve hikes (Chambers Island, Plum Island, Rock Island).
• Bring water, snacks. Some tours include lunch, or sell food/beverages. Check each tour’s BYOB rules for evening tours.
• Insect repellent
• Each lighthouse tour ticket includes free admission to the Death’s Door Maritime Museum in Gills Rock during the 2022 season (Open May 1-Oct. 31)
Lighthouse Festival Refund Policy – Lighthouse Festival tickets are non-refundable, except in cases where Museum staff, our tour leaders, boat captains or pilots cancel a tour due to safety concerns. This policy would also include cancellation due to the pandemic, as deemed by Museum staff.
Spring Lighthouse Festival – Participating Locations and Hours
* Note: If you are visiting participating locations on your own (not on a tour), there are admission fees at Door County and Death’s Door Maritime Museums, Baileys Harbor Range Lights (pay at The Ridges Sanctuary Nature Center), Cana Island and Eagle Bluff Lighthouses. Donations are encouraged and appreciated at Grassy Islands Range Lights, Algoma and Kewaunee Pierhead Lighthouses.
* Door County Maritime Museum, Sturgeon Bay: 10am-5pm, all weekend
* Death’s Door Maritime Museum, Gills Rock: 10am-5pm, all weekend
* Cana Island Lighthouse, Baileys Harbor: 10am-5pm, all weekend