Bid on this Yankee launch project boatBid Here!
This is an almost finished project boat. Started by Robert Denessen in 2003, while he was renting space in Dan Lash’s “Small Wooden Boat Shop” in Door County, Wisconsin. Denessen had to stop working on the boat after developing an allergy to materials used in the shop.
In the words of the men who worked on the boat with him, “Bob cared about the camaraderie and sharing his knowledge of small boat building. He was magical. He forgot more than most of us will ever learn.”
The launch is about 70% complete. Full construction plans come with the purchase of the boat.
- Length: 19’3″
- Beam: 5’6″
- Engine: Vetus Marine Diesel M2.C5, 11HP (retail value $3,000)
- Motor is hooked to shaft and prop
- Comes with fuel tank
- Needs: electrical and fuel lines, cables for rudder
- Hull is 1/2″ cedar strip, with additional strips milled to finish the inside
- Motorbox top and sides are oak with walnut trim
- Front hatch is oak with walnut panels
- Exterior freeboard is professionally painted fiberglass (Interlux Brightside paint in Sapphire Blue). Needs bottom paint.
- Parts & Accessories: Comes with a variety of parts and accessories to finish the launch, not inventoried.
- Needs some decking and finishing.
- Sale price range for completed launch: $10,000-$12,000
All auction proceeds help fund the Door County Maritime Museum & Lighthouse Preservation Society’s efforts in historical acquisition and preservation.